Friday, September 12, 2008

The Postie Giveth and ....the Postie Taketh Away

Marion and I are very fortunate to have a lovely postie and she is a she. Very helpful and obliging so it always makes our job of posting things away much easier!
I got something rather lovely in the mail today that I had bought from ebay. Antique Mother of Pearl baby forks. I have tried to find out more information about them but can't find much at the moment, so if anyone knows anything I would love to hear more. I'm planning on taking one at least to the Art Retreat in March (that I had mentioned previously) - might be able to use it in the collage class.

Have a look at the exquisite markings/engraving on the handle. I don't think I ever ate from anything like that when I was a baby!
And then the postie has taketh away our "Minette" she is going to her new home. Her original name was Tess but my 7yo son decided she looked more like a Minette. He loves French things and thought she looked a bit French.
Mon has been making button bracelets, so I thought I would post a photo of a couple that I am fortunate to own. Both the bracelets are made by our friend Melissa - aren't they gorgeous? And the necklace has been made by a friend of Melissa's - although it isn't made from buttons, I think it is a great match for the button bracelets.
And finally - both Marion and I have enjoyed reading this book. I had seen on a couple of USA blogs that some of the girls were talking about this book and when I tried to buy it in Australia, it wasn't available. Then at the end of July when I was at the airport and about to fly to Tasmania I spotted it at the newsagents. It is a very easy and enjoyable read - no thinking involved! And it has a gorgeous cover.

Edited: (Description of book)Welcome to Bascom, North Carolina, where everyone has a story to tell about the Waverleys. There's the house that’s been in the family for generations, the walled garden that mysteriously blooms year round, and the wild rumors of dangerous loves and tragic passions. Claire has always clung to the Waverleys’ roots, tending the enchanted soil in the family garden from which she makes her sought-after delicacies. She has everything she thinks she needs, until one day she wakes to find a stranger has moved in next door and a vine of ivy has crept into her garden... and Claire’s carefully tended life is about to run gloriously out of control.

Christina

3 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Have enjoyed your blog. I love your creations! Laurie

Monica said...

Thanks for the heads up on the book, I just went to my library website and reserved it!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love the doll and she does look french...what is the book about?