Friday, October 31, 2008

Before and After

BEFORE BEESWAX

AFTER BEESWAX

After beeswax has been applied, melted and smoothed, the effect is a more muted, softer one and I hope you can see that by the photos. I like to especially use it on newspaper or other printed matter - maybe it is the thinner paper - can you see the flowers in the second photo??



So here is my wax melting pot and I have brushed on one thin layer of wax all over the collage. I didn't want to go too heavy with the wax on this picture as I liked the crisp. freshness of it and wasn't really needing an aged effect to it.

Then with my mini quilting iron, I smooth & melt the wax.

This is how it looks as you work on it - maybe it would be good for ironing out wrinkles too!!
(Amanda, I think you can buy the beeswax from some craft/scrapbooking shops - you might find some at the Fair in Adelaide next week. We bought ours online in a block, when Marion was making fabric pears and then coating them with a layer of wax?

5 comments:

Erica said...

I really like the affect of the beeswax....looks better I think! You can buy beeswax at Spotlight although it is quite expensive!

madrekarin said...

That is very cool. i will be dragging out my pot of wax for the altered album. Thanks for sharing your before and after!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

thanks for the tutorial..I am going to try this..I love the effect...have a good one...")

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

well I nevr...Just so much creativity oozing from you...

mellimoomoo said...

Yes, thanks for the beeswax tips. I must have another try at it :)
Your collage is so sweet by the way.