Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm still slogging away with this dreaded bookwork so I thought I would take a 5 minute break and share a recipe with you. We had this for dinner last night and it was very yummy. In the photo it looks a bit gluggy because I had already eaten mine so I spooned cold risotto into the bowl so that I could take a photo. It was much creamier when it was hot. 2tb low fat margarine/butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 cups Arborio rice
375ml Carnation Light and Creamy Evaporated Milk
1 litre water
1 tb veg stock powder
500g peeled and chopped pumpkin
2 cups broccoli florets
Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese
Heat butter in large pan, add garlic and onion - cook for 1 minute. Add rice, stir to combine. Add Evaporated Milk, combined water and stock powder, and pumpkin. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer covered for 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and pepper, simmer covered for a further 5 minutes.Serve topped with parmesan cheese. (It would be nice with a bit of chicken & maybe spinach added too)
Back to the bookwork.........

No comments: