Saturday, January 31, 2009

Husband is learning.....

that it doesn't really take much to make me happy! I won and received 2 ebay auctions this week - firstly a set of vintage brass stencils. The entire alphabet and numbers. Apart from being useful I have visions of them mounted on a black backboard and hung on the wall of my work area. (one day) Then this group of vintage kid leather gloves. For one of the classes I am doing at the
Creative Soul Retreat in March, it is suggested we have a vintage glove. I had considered using one of the gloves I wore as a flower girl for my uncle and auntie's wedding but I didn't think it was old enough until I realised it was 43 years ago!!!!!! mmmmm

I also have a pair of my grandmothers gloves but they are black and I still wear them sometimes during winter, if I am assisting on a funeral. So I have been watching now and then on ebay to see if I could snaffle a pair for a reasonable price.

Not only did I get a pair but the auction was for 7 gloves and after it had finished, the seller emailed me to say that she had a couple of more that she would pop in as well. I like the woman!

I'm not going to use the long pair of light grey ones as they are the only pair that still have all of their buttons. I have tried to get my hands into them but my fingers are longer than the gloves.


Happy me!

7 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

It is funny what Makes each of us skirts fly up...
For me Recently it was the winning and arrival of two novels I won on ebay....
You'd thought I won tatts.
Enjoy your goodies

seabreezequilts said...

Looked again at the creative souls weekend looks fabulous I bet you are counting your sleeps. Is it always held in Melbourne?

Unknown said...

Those stencils look great I would have had to have them too .
clares craftroom

The Feathered Nest said...

I love your stencils too!!!! And the gloves are just wonderful, I can't wait to see the project that you make with one of them ~ I hope you are doing great, xxoo, Dawn

simplestitches said...

Lucky you! Those stencils are awesome and love the gloves. Brings back memories of my own Grandmother with things like those....
Have fun with them,
cheers Julz

Anonymous said...

Love both the stencils and gloves..i have started collecting vintage gloves, but for different reasons to you..lol..mine are displayed in my bedroom!
Can't wait to see what you do with yours..
luv Ann.xx

Unknown said...

I just love those stencils, and you are right, a black backboard would be perfect behind them. Now, if you decide that you don't like them, just email me and I'll take them off your hands...I can send you three truckloads of our juicy Canadian snow that you are coveting:)

Thanks for the visit to my blog, it is always so nice to hear from you. Did you get time to enter my giveaway yet??

Wooly hugs,
Trudy