Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yesterday

That title reminds me of a Beatles song!

Well, yesterday I had the day to myself. The boys went up to our office with their father for the day while I went off to Adelaide for a shopping day. It is husband's birthday on Monday so I needed to find some presents for him. There was no need for me to hurry home like usual so I was determined to do something special - so halfway through the shopping, I went to see the new movie "Bride Wars".

I wish I could say that I had a terrific time - but if I was to be honest, I would recommend that you wait for that movie to come out on DVD. Honestly you can see a better scenario on Bridezilla's. Half way through the movie I wondered why I had gone to the movie rather than kept on shopping - but in reality it probably saved me some $$.

Today the boys were supposed to move bedrooms - N was going to move to a spare bedroom but when it came to crunch time they decided that they weren't ready to separate (isn't that sweet????!!!!!) so they sat down and worked out that during school term, N will go to bed 30 mins before B - so we'll see if that works out.
Marion comes back home tomorrow (just in time) husband has asked her to make his birthday cake for Monday - A Mixed Berry Dacquoise - yum.

3 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Well Girlfriend i too saw the very same movie!
I went last night and had'nt been to a cinema movies for forever!!!!
It was very suitable if you were 16!!!
Ugh! Was over the top and yep a good chick flick for a night at home in pj's.
I love thatyou just had a pause to your day and saw a movie though!
And that birthday cake sounds unbelieveable,I bet it tastes even more so...
So email me,What did ya get the Mister in the end.
I was soooo stuck on my Hubbys birthday I got him radio earphones for the Ride on mower and a Doughnut maker!!...What???
Yes,I did!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Christine,

Do you think Marion's cake might just make it's way here?? It would only have to get through 2-3 sets of Custom agents. You know those very honest, wonderful, hard working, people that would never think to sample Marion's cake. Well unless it was for national security messures ;)

When does the school year start for the boys?? I have a set of tiny tiny worry dolls for each of them. Need to locate a Mule to post them for me in the states!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mexico

From the Attic said...

I saw the trailer of this movie whilst at Marley and Me the other day and definitely decided it was a 'NO' for me.
Happy Birthday to Christina's hubby and enjoy that cake!!
Chrissie