Sunday, February 22, 2009

Two lovely photos

I know Marion will love this photo when she sees it. What wonderful presentation for a special or not so special morning or afternoon tea. The cupcake liners are made so simply too......
Tammy Mitchell used scrapbooking quality paper, cut around a normal cupcake liner to get the correct size, then used her pinking shears to cut the edges and pleated them accordian style. There are so many lovely printed papers available now, so you could just imagine all the pretty cupcake liners that should be adorning our tables soon!! This is what I was happy to see this morning on DJ Pettit's blog this morning. She has finished the class sample for the collage class I will be doing with her in Melbourne in 3 weeks time. I can see layer upon layer of fabrics, papers etc. Should be lots of fun and I hope mine will look something like that!

6 comments:

seabreezequilts said...

Envy Envy Envy.... Got Stephanies book the other day so more envy envy envy. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the classes.

Miss Muggins said...

Looks fab, but a tad too fiddly for me!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

The cuppie cases look very sweet.
I have made some from store bought paper doilies and they looked pretty cute too.
Enjoy your weekend retreat.
How exciting!

The Joy of Nesting said...

I'm with Amanda, Envy envy envy. I want to take a class like that!!! Do you think it's to far for me to go for just a few days??

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Pam said...

So love that collage piece!! Going by what I've seen of your work in the past Christina, you should have no probs with the class. Your work will be just as good. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Megan.K. said...

Very inspiring...