Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pavlova Roll recipe

I have promised a couple of people my recipe for Pavlova Rolls - and yes they are good enough for Christmas Day! I have yet to make a normal pavlova as this is what people request for me to take to share lunches etc.

Pavlova Roll
4 egg whites, 3/4 cup caster sugar, 1 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 tsp white vinegar, 300ml cream & fruit of choice.

Whisk egg whites until stiff and then add the sugar gradually. Add rest of ingredients until thick white peaks form. Line an oven tray with Glad Bake (non stick paper) and then spread mixture onto the tray. (I often spray the paper with a non stick spray as well for extra non stick!!) Bake for 15 mins at 180C. Take out of oven and let cool for just a couple of minutes. Place another piece of Glad Bake on your bench, cut to approximate size of the pavlova roll, and sprinkle some caster sugar on it. Turn the pavlova roll onto the paper and peel off the baking paper. Let cool.
Spread with whipped cream and your choice of fruit - berries, peaches, fruitsalad etc
Roll up and then place onto a serving tray - place in fridge overnight.

Drizzled chocolate etc is nice too on top.

1 comment:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

You and My Mum have something in common!
Pavlova roll!
My Mum is renowned for making hers but she fills it with fruit salad.and cream.
I would prefer berries,I think,...
It is always eaten up though,
Ihave so many eggs may try this for our Chrissy visitors next Sunday!