Friday, March 20, 2009

The fastest week there has ever been.....

8 days since I last posted and now it is a week since I flew to Melbourne to attend the Creative Soul Retreat. "Time flies when you are having fun"and that is exactly what has happened. The Retreat was all that we had hoped and been promised, and then some. The skills and techniques we all learnt were terrific and we also formed some wonderful friendships.

I was determined to buy myself a special 'piece' at the Friday night market so I was very happy to snaffle an original work of DJ Pettit's, entitled "A Quiet Place".
There were a few other things that I bought too that I will show in other posts. The Friday night was quite hot and we were all feeling a bit uncomfortable with the heat. Fortunately the cool change came along on Saturday - with rain and some thunder - so that was a welcome relief. The first project I did was DJ's journal class. Here I am at the end of the day - with a bit of a shine on the forehead, nose and chin, just to prove I had been working hard!!! Didn't quite get to the putting together stage (some girls finished) as I was wanting to come home and add some bits and pieces and use my sewing machine. After each day's classes has finished - Kirsty and I made sure that we had nice nibbles and drinks to share. Being supportive of the South Australian food industry, we took some Maggie Beer pate with us (nothing to do with the fact that we love her pate!!!), cheeses and biscuits.

And we bought some Wild Hibiscus flowers in syrup to add to the drinks - a touch of yum!

The sunrise seen from our venue.

I'll share more next time........

8 comments:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Welcome Home!!!

How wonderful to have a week with so much inspiration!! I'm looking forward to seeing you finished book :)

Keep your eyes pealed (or is that peeled ?)for a manila envelope to hit your box soon??? Jackie posted it from Texas on Tuesday, so what maybe a week???

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Sounds like you had a great time...
If I am right Melbourne put some rain on for you too.
Maggie beer...Oh her stuff is good.
At the winery where I worked we stocked many of her products,Her verjuice was a ripper.
Mmmm...Nbbles to end the day,Sounds good

Pam said...

Welcome back Christina. That piece of art in the first pic is just lovely! Is that the piece you did at the retreat? Something I can certainly aspire to!

From the Attic said...

Sounds as though you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing some more photos. Lovely photo of you.

Chrissie

Millie said...

Now that's all a weekend should be!Sounds like both your soul & your creativity were well & truly nurtured.
Millie ^_^

Jo Wholohan said...

so great to meet you too Christina, i came back wishing i had spent more time having "chats" too :)) Maybe next year??? look forward to keeping in touch xx

PS gorgoues DJ peice!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh the hibiscus flowers were divine! Please tell me where you get them, I shall send my dad out to fetch. He lives in Adelaide.

Margaret Weiss said...

Just saw the pic of that wonderful drink with the hibiscus flower in it...... how we enjoyed them! Pity it was only 2 nites! Christina it was so lovely to finally meet you and talk, unfortunately it was far too short. Look forward to next time...love Margaret.
http://margaretweiss.blogspot.com