Saturday, March 21, 2009

It really is a small world.........

I had a few surprises at the Creative Soul Retreat. Sue and I were chatting and I discovered that she came from Albany so I asked her if she knew my cousin Miriam, who lived there until a couple of years ago. Not only did she know her but she taught with her - small world. This is Sue with her gorgeous journal that she worked on...and she continued working on it 'til about 10pm until it was finished. Sue also bought this wonderful journal that DJ had made.
You really need to see each page of it to see how lovely it is.

Another surprise was at the Meet and Greet on the Friday evening. I saw this woman with a walking stick and thought she looked familiar and then realised it was Rhonda who used to sell on The Chocolate Crow Trader. Three years ago she picked us up from the train station at Belgrave and took us to Olinda for the day, which we thoroughly enjoyed, but unfortunately we had lost contact since then. I ended up sitting next to Rhonda in 2 classes on the weekend so it was nice to have a chance to catch up.

Surprise no. 3 was meeting Jan. Jan lives at the top of the Peninsula where I live - approx 1 1/2 hours away - so we had travelled all the way to Melbourne to discover that we actually live that close and enjoy the same making and creating!

And to finish this post off - this was NO surprise! Kirsty did DJ's face painting class and not only finished the painting but did another one during the class - in her own style but utilising some of the techniques she had learnt from DJ.

4 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

How wonderful to share a creative experience with more friends than you thought.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I have found the blogging world has made the big wide world a much smaller place.
You know the whole 12 degrees of seperation Kinda thing...
How great was your time spent side by side so many crafty gals>

Ro Bruhn said...

It was a great class and DJ's a great teacher. I was in an ABRR with Jan last year. I too discovered that Rhonda and her husband owned the local pharmacy in Belgrave where I live, small world.

artymarty said...

So great to meet you at retreat Christina. Thanks for sharing the pre dinner nibblies and the fun.
Hope to get there next year and hope you will be there too.
Martina