Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's All Good!

Husband loves the saying "It's all good" even when it isn't good at all.......but todays post is "All Good".

Goodness # 1 - I won this chandelier on ebay during the week - I wanted some crystals and instead of just buying a few I thought I would try and get a whole chandelier. It was to be picked up from Adelaide so husband brought it home on Wednesday. I wonder if I should tell you how much I paid for it? Would you like to know????? Can you tell I am very pleased with my purchase???
It is hanging in our pergola at the moment and I think it really looks good there, so I will just pluck off a crystal as I need it. Goodness #2 - I received a parcel from Pattie in Mexico. We (the whole family) enjoyed all its contents. There was a box of worry dolls for each of the boys - can you see the little darlings on the round pad like object? Three lots of machine tatted lace that Pattie had dyed herself, some caps from beer and soda bottles, shells and mermaid tears, some coins and milagros (next to the worry dolls), mini glass bottles containing glitter of various colours, hand woven belt (in rich colours) and the round pad thing is a 'scrubber' made from palm leaves. Pattie wrote a note explaining all the items and the history behind them, so it was a really interesting parcel. Now I need to send her something in return - what is unique to us here in Australia that she could use in some of her art work?? Finger paint with vegemite? Any ideas you Aussies?

Goodness #3 - on our last day in Melbourne I discovered a shop with clothes that I really liked so I had a bit of a spend up in there. But it is this tag that I have kept - what a great clothing brand to think of people who like to alter things and create a piece of art from it! So next time you go shopping, watch out for the swing tags, you might find one that you just have to buy!

6 comments:

Margaret Weiss said...

Love the chandelier!!!!! What will you make with the crystals?

Pam said...

what a great win with the chandelier Christina!
that tag is really lovely. i read an article that used not the swing tags, but the tags sewn inside the clothing, in buckles that the crafter also decorated, to make very pretty door knob hangers. loved them so much i made some myself.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Hmmmm..Okay I reallywant to know how much the chandelier was??
I'd like one oneday for my daughters rooms...Just little ones.

I love those Mexican worry dolls,I have seen them in gift stores...Very special.

Aussie unique items...
Mabey VB beer tops???
Thongs??
Red head matches...
Corks Like from a swaggy hat.
Zinc cream...
All very oker but weather crafty That is a whole nother story

seabreezequilts said...

HI Christina, I have been spending a bit of time on ebay myself. Trying to pick up a few bits and pieces on the cheap. So far not so successful hoping to be soon.

Marita said...

I love chandeliers, it wasn't 99 cents was it? I'm curious now! The only unique Aussie things I could think of are food...tim tams, anzacs, pavs...edible art?

Anonymous said...

All lovely Christina...now do tell what the chanderlier ended up costing..lol..does almost seem a shame to pull it apart..lol..
Your friend from Mexico sure spoilt you too..but how lovely to exchange gifts.
luv Ann.xx