Monday, May 4, 2009

Review

The cake, the cake, what about the cake? Yes it was quite nice after all - the review was quite right though I had overcooked it a bit. I should have taken it out of the oven when it was still soft on top. Served with cream and strawberries, it was yummy.
Recipe is:
185g unsalted butter (chopped), 200g dk chocolate, 1 1/2 cups caster sugar, 3 eggs, 250g plain flour, 1/3 cup cocoa, 200g packet jersey caramels (halved).
Combine butter & chocolate in medium saucepan, stir over heat until chocolate melts. Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in sugar and eggs then sifted flour and cocoa. Spread half the mixture into a 23cm round or slab tin that has been greased and lined with baking paper. Top with the caramels and then the remaining mixture. Bake in moderate oven for approx 50 minutes. Cool and dust with extra sifted cocoa.
I am quite excited about the prospect of this piece, I love the look of the small artworks within a a larger one and I can use some of my special bits and pieces in it....but I think I might see if I can buy a longer frame and a couple of more little canvases. It is inspired by one that Connie Govea Stuart has featured in the new Somerset magazine - Somerset Apprentice. Instructions are given for creating one of your own - why don't you make one too?

2 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Looks pretty delish to me.
May even try that one.
My daughters Birthday is on Mothersday and I have no ideas for a cake as yet!

Unknown said...

Yum , looks great !