Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blog friends

I have been fortunate enough to receive a wonderful bag of goodies from Miz Pattie from The Joy of Nesting. She lives in Mexico as you can see from all the gorgeous colours in the textiles below and the beautiful laces.

And then there were these cards, which will be great in collages etc

But it was this duo that I fell in love with. The donkey and rider would be all of 1 inch high and is just exquisite. My cherub no. 2 asked me "mum did your friend in Mexico make that for you?"
I replied with "I don't think so, but she would probably like to be able to do it but a real Mexican man or lady would have created it". He is so impressed I think it is going to school next week for his weekly 'show and tell'!

Thank you Pattie and Happy Birthday for yesterday.


3 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Ohhh lucky you ,What a bundle of awesomeness!!
And yep that little donkey is cute!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Christine,

Please tell number two child that just like in Australia Mexico has many different indigence people. Every state has it's own very unique people, traditions and art. Your little fella and burro are made from palm leaves by the people in the state of Oaxaca pronounced O wah ca (Oh I wish I were a bird to hear him say that in his Aussie accent :c}) They will make figures from as small as 8cms to 10 meters!!

Pattie :c}
Mazatlan Mexico

Charmingdesigns said...

I got a wonderful package of goodies too!! I'll be posting mine in a couple of days. laurie