Monday, August 15, 2011

Art, food and friends

It was a tough assignment but someone had to do it.  Last weekend we headed off to the Barossa Valley with the intentions of seeing great art at some of the SALA exhibitions and also having some wonderful food.  The friends part was easy - they were all very willing accomplices.

The SALA exhibitions we visited on Sat afternoon, were a little disappointing - just not our 'thing' but we did enjoy this one.
All made from corrugated iron and metally bits - how smart.

And then on Sunday morning we headed off bright and early to see the exhibition that we really wanted to see. Thankfully it was all that we had expected and more +++
Sue rescues unwanted bits and pieces that have seen better days and with skill like a plastic surgeon, she rebirths them into unique pieces of jewellery.
I still can't decide what was my favourite piece.
The babushka looking necklaces and earrings were once the pull-tops from the tops of cans.
Of course its the kind of thing I notice and think about when I'm opening cans!

She can even produce some arty prints - wonder if there is anything she can't do?

Marion fell in love with this one.
I really liked the necklace on the left - made from pieces of china. 
I've been spotted since eyeing off the china in my mother's cupboard!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you had a great time, stay away from your mum's cupboard and hit the opp shop!
Have a great week
M
xxx

sue said...

Glad you enjoyed the exhibition Christina - and sorry you didn't find too much else that was your cup of tea! Those critters are out at Whistlers are'nt they? Great winery - terrific setting. Hope you had a lovely time in the Barossa!
x
sue

ps - nices pics btw - am planning to take some myself soon!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Tell Marion Happy Birthday from me and give her a great big hug from me too.;)